Nenad Simeunovic, Vice President of Services for Merit Solutions, was recently featured in the PM Network's March 2013 issue discussing using Agile Project Management techniques for ERP implementations.
Here a short excerpt from the article, titled Big Delivery in Small Packages:
Eliminating Waste: Agile is based on lean processes that remove non-value-added activities such as downtime. As a result, agile components such as daily stand-up meetings can help project teams deliver ERP-related functionalities faster. "During the 15-minute meeting, each team member says, 'This is what I did yesterday, this is what I'm going to do today and these are the obstacles I need help with,'" says Nenad Simeunovic, vice president of services at global IT services company Merit Solutions, Wheaton, Illinois, USA. "If there's a challenge, we can address it on the spot and move on. As a result, there are fewer distractions, and progress is being made on a more consistent basis."
Agile's benefits are especially appealing in the current volatile economy. "The departments are reluctant to tackle large-scale projects as one big initiative with scope, time and resources locked. Instead, they are looking more to deliver functionalities in iterations, where flexibility is allowed - even expected - due to rapid changes happening in the marketplace and in the organization. We can longer guarantee that our planning for today will be applicable in nine months," says Mr. Simeunovic.
View the digital release of the magazine, PM Network - Governing Creativity: Marrying Project Management with Innovation. The Agile ERP Project Management article starts on Page 60.
For the Lotus F1 Team, acceleration is a critical component of their success. Now, for a limited time, Microsoft Dynamics AX can help you accelerate your business performance with the same thrill only a BOGO offer can deliver!
For a limited time only, buy one Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Enterprise CAL, and get one Functional CAL FREE.* And there is no maximum to the number of licenses you can buy with this special offer!
Boost your business performance with a lower investment! You can transform your business by delivering value faster. Give your team a competitive edge by adopting immediate business insight functionality for better decision-making. You can deploy one or several business scenarios, tackling your most urgent needs first, and add functionality when you're ready with "instant-on" capabilities.
Contact Merit Solutions today for more information on this promotion. Offer ends June 20, 2013!
We can't believe it - Convergence 2013 is only a week away! We always get excited seeing so many Microsoft Dynamics Partners, Customers, and enthusiasts in one place at the same time!
The past couple months have been busy for us here at Merit Solutions:
- Last month we were asked to present at the Microsoft Dynamics AX Industry Summit in Phoenix. We presented two sessions specific to Microsoft Dynamics AX Life Sciences Software: Selling to Midmarket Pharmaceuticals and a MAXLife ISV Showcase! We received great feedback from attendees and are excited to continue helping Partners and Customers in the life sciences industries.
- Last week we also launched a brand new corporate website. After months of designing, coding, and testing, we are very proud of our new site (and hope you are too!). Please feel free to browse around and leave your feedback below! The most significant changes include:
- Updated UI provides a fresh new look and feel meant to enhance the user experience and encourage further exploration.
- Streamlined navigation helps get you to the most relevant content - easier and quicker.
- Additional resources help you understand the value of our offerings - and most are completely free (no forms to fill out)!
- Now, we are excited to be a Bronze Sponsor at Microsoft Convergence 2013 next week. Merit Solutions will be exhibiting in Booth #2523 and we will be moderating a couple Life Sciences and Customer events. Please contact Josh Richards for more information on these events!
If you would like to meet with the Merit Solutions Team at Microsoft Convergence 2013, please don't hesitate to reach out to us ahead of time - or simply stop by Booth #2523! We will have some prizes to give away - so make sure you stop by for your chance to win!