Selecting an ERP solution for your distribution company can feel like a major gamble. When choosing a software solution that will touch every part of your business operations, you want to make the safest bet for not only your business today but also for your company’s future. If you are considering Advanced Distribution for Microsoft Dynamics AX, you should know what the future holds for the product and what Microsoft is doing to ensure that it fits your needs today and helps you grow tomorrow.
With Microsoft Dynamics AX, you can be assured that you will have:
- A product with a 5 year life-cycle plus an additional 5 years of support, with upgrades and updates included as long as you have a current enhancement plan
- Influence on product innovation and input into future releases through customer communities and portals
- Visibility into the future of the product through regularly released Statements of Direction
The most recent Microsoft Dynamics AX Statement of Direction lays out plans for the next 3 releases of AX which will take place over the next 8 years. Having just released AX 2009 last year, Microsoft is working on the development of AX ‘6’ and planning for a CY 2011 release. As they develop the product, they are focusing on:
- Simplifying the entire application lifecycle of Microsoft Dynamics AX from implementation, customization, integration, usability, and maintenance to upgrade and performance to help lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Enhancing financial capabilities to support companies who operate in a global economy
- Additional industry enabling functionality so that the tools within the system are even more cohesive with the business processes of distribution companies like yours
- Providing best practices in areas like Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Human Resources Management (HRM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Expense Management, as well as a Compliance Center and Environmental Sustainability Dashboard
- Supporting a Software plus Services environment to enhance business processes
Continue reading this post at the Advanced Distribution for Microsoft Dynamics AX site.