Open Locations: West Coast, USA; Northeast USA
Merit Solutions provides outcome-driven intelligent manufacturing solutions and professional services leveraging the Microsoft Azure Business Platform. With a 20-year reputation of enabling manufacturers to use insights to achieve business objectives, Merit Solutions is widely-recognized as an innovative market leader for digital transformation.
Having been a trusted partner for more than 400 clients around the world, we are able to consistently deliver high-value outcomes due to the quality of our culture and the expertise of our team.
Given the growth of Merit Solutions, our team has a new job opening for a Director, Client Development.
As the Director, Client Development, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and expanding business with manufacturing clients. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, competitive offerings and current penetration of our services and solutions. This position reports to the VP of Business Development.
- Represent Merit and build the company reputation for service and quality through the relationships built with key prospects/accounts
- Create and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace to drive Microsoft D365 project-based opportunities in the manufacturing and life sciences markets
- Responsible for managing the Microsoft Azure/Dynamics sales team relationships and lead development
- Create value for clients by:
- researching client background and situations and developing unique insights with solutions to propose
- possessing a demonstrable level of D365 product knowledge combined with business process understanding, and
- problem solving and creating solutions real-time with C level client executives
- Engage in Account Management, including account planning including win/loss reporting, client procurement, meeting follow-up, pipeline development, opportunity pursuit, contract negotiation, risk management, proposal and statement of work (SOW) development to meet or exceed Merit business objectives
- Attend conferences and networking events to explore opportunities for new contacts and possible prospects
- Adaptability: Willingness to respond to new situations by modifying approach and adopting new skills and abilities
- Effective Communicator: Providing timely and high-quality information flows; encouraging open expression of ideas and opinions; and effectively transferring thoughts and ideas in individual and group situations
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand and cope with different business situations using experience, knowledge and awareness of multiple business aspects
- Curiosity: Eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve clients’ needs effectively. Desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform your job more effectively
- Drive for Results: Passion for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Yearning for improving our client experience
- Excellent Negotiator: Exploring various positions and alternatives in order to reach outcomes that gain acceptance of all parties, that drive high levels of business closures in a timely manner
- Organized Time Manager: Establishing a systematic course of action for self and others to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Set priorities, goals and timelines to achieve maximum productivity
- A bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent and three to five years of proven success in technology account management
- At least four years of experience in ERP business development, relationship building and advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level. Preferably, experience in MSFT channel (D365/Microsoft Azure) selling digital, cloud, Microsoft ERP consulting engagements that include global delivery
- Strong background and knowledge of strategic account management and the new client engagement process with a documented track record of revenue goal attainment
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism and interaction with C-level executives acting as a trusted advisor/discussion partner
- Proven ability to translate the client need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value, outcome-oriented propositions
- Microsoft Office proficiency
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
Base salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com
Merit Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes or unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
Merit Solutions is An Equal Opportunity Employer.