Food and Beverage Consulting Services
and Software Solutions
in order to provide higher value to a more empowered consumer market.
Strict compliance standards, low profit margins, intense competition, high customer-service expectations – when you’re a food and beverage company, these conditions define your business. How effectively you meet these challenges determines whether or not your company can continuously improve and sustain long-term success.
As the economy steadily improves, the food and beverage industry is experiencing significant change that is redefining how companies manage risk, provide value, and connect with their customers. From young, tech-savvy millenials to aging baby boomers – the ways in which today’s consumers research what they want, the key factors influencing their buying behavior, and their loyalty to a specific brand or product are all open for competition.
On top of that, food and beverage companies must be able to react quickly to issues such as food safety and recalls before they can damage reputations, and closely monitor compliance with a range of increasingly stringent regulations, whether from the FDA, the EU, the International Food Standard, or others.
Put together, these conditions can present obstacles—or opportunities. Removing operational waste, increasing customer value, and implementing the right enabling technologies can help food companies continuously drive higher value for customers and maintain a competitive advantage.
manufacturing in the digital age
Why Merit Solutions?
- Monitor Food Safety: Food companies around the world follow safety regulations based on HACCP standards or other requirements, such as FDA compliance, EU regulations, and IFS standards. Food safety requires superior recording of each activity and the ability to collect, record, organize, track and trace product details accurately and at a moment’s notice.
- Meet Retailers’ Demands: Responding quickly to retailers’ demands is key to a successful food organization. Whether the issue is RFID, specific packaging, special delivery requirements, or opening visibility to inventory levels and manufacturing operations – food and beverage companies must be able to quickly meet the demands placed by today’s retailers.
- Respond to Consumer Trends: Workstream and information flow improvements play an integral role in helping food companies respond to – or better yet, anticipate – consumer trends. A big benefit is shortening product development times and speeding time to market.
- Improve Supply Chain Operations: To respond quickly to changing demands, you, your suppliers, and your customers need easily accessed, relevant information – whether it’s product availability, prices, expiration dates, or promotions information. In addition, information gathered throughout the supply chain can help you identify opportunities to add more value to customers.
- Plan for Growth: Organizations need workstreams and enabling systems that can deliver high value with current needs, while providing the opportunity to scale dramatically to account for organic growth, acquisitions, changes in business focus, and other foreseeable changes to the business.