Manufacturing Consulting Services
and Software Solutions
only responsive companies thrive.
Today’s business environment is shifting from the traditional model of simply manufacturing and selling products. Supply chains are now global in nature, customers have more options for where to get products, and they need their suppliers to be true business partners. Customers expect these partners to not only provide the right high-quality products, at the right time, but also to anticipate their future requirements and to identify changing market trends, while meeting and exceeding their needs.
Competition is greater than ever before. To succeed, manufacturers have to show a higher value proposition to market. Whether it’s through faster response times, higher quality products, or exceptional customer service and relationships, manufacturers are being asked to do more. To maintain a competitive advantage, manufacturers require flexibility in their operations and must continually drive innovation—not only in the marketplace but also in how they do business.
But, while manufacturers struggle with continuously expanding technologies and the complex value networks replacing straight-shot supply chains, the ongoing issues of productivity, fulﬁllment speed, and proﬁtability haven’t gone away either.
Manufacturers have always worked to improve performance against benchmarks such as cost, time-to-market, product quality, and inventory optimization. Now globalization, contract manufacturing, growing environmental and social awareness, and the need for instant operational insight are adding new opportunities as well as challenges.
To meet these challenges, manufacturers need to look for ways to remove waste from their workstreams and identify opportunities to add value inside and outside of the company. They need to enable complete real-time visibility with customers, partners, and suppliers. And they need to quickly and effectively adapt to market conditions to reduce time-to-market.
manufacturing in the digital age
Why Merit Solutions?
Our ability to help discrete, lean, and process manufacturers transform their business and successfully adopt new workstreams and information flows is derived from extensive experience performing a wide array of enterprise transformation projects.
Based on this accumulated experience, we feel we can solve certain aspects of projects in hours and days that will take other firms weeks and months. This is not an exaggeration. It is inherent in the nature of the specialized work that needs to be performed during a successful implementation of enabling systems that touch workstreams across the enterprise.
Manufacturers that partner with Merit Solutions typically experience the following results from their investments:
- Optimize Value Streams – Gain a clear understanding of how your business activities are currently combined and where the most optimal workstreams can be combined to flow value to your customers.
- Eliminate Waste – Remove overproduction waste, waiting waste, motion waste, transportation waste, inventory waste, excess capacity, and defect waste.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction – Take advantage of new ways for work to be delivered and new ways to exist in the relationships with your customers – increasing the value they derive from your products and services. And as value increases, so does customer satisfaction and loyalty, improving the probability that they will remain a client in the future.
- Improve Profitability – Enterprise transformation is about improving customer value through workstreams that, when combined together, deliver products and services better, faster, and at lower costs. Automating workflows, eliminating errors, removing redundant tasks, and making work repeatable free up employees’ time, enabling them to focus on improving service levels. All of this results in higher profitability for you.
- Enabling a Foundation for Sustained Success – The future success of your organization depends on the ability to continually rethink ways to provide higher value to your customers. Companies need to assess customer value and challenge the ways they create value through continuous improvement initiatives. Companies that focus on customer value in continuous improvement will build the ultimate foundation for sustained success.
Merit Solutions works with clients to understand and triangulate their exact business needs in terms of people, workstreams, and enabling systems. From future state business process mapping to systems analysis, fit-gap process definition and scoping, sourcing, design and deployment, integration with other systems, and on-going support – we provide end-to-end global services that help clients successfully transform their business and build a foundation that continuously flows value to their customers.