Solution Architect – Microsoft D365 Manufacturing
Job Title: Solution Architect – Microsoft D365 Manufacturing Location: US Telecommuter
Job Category: Exempt Job Status: Full-time
Department: Services Travel Required: Yes
Hiring Manager: Principal Solution Architect Requisition Date: 9/2019
For over 20 years, Merit Solutions has been helping manufacturing organizations refine their business expectations and outcomes and use that vision to deploy industry tailored software and services to support their long-term success. Merit works with, and builds solutions on, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Azure platform, as well as using industry standard application development tools. The combination of industry experts and industry specific functionality provides our customers their best, last business solution.
Are you passionate about using your experience to help companies grow and transform their businesses? Are you excited about Microsoft technology and the potential it has to change the way manufacturing companies meet their business objectives? Moreover, are you ready to join a team that cares about its clients, each other and the vision of being a part of improving companies through technology?
Come join the Merit team!
We have an immediate opening for a Solution Architect – Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Manufacturing. This role is a customer-facing role, which leads Customer Project teams to facilitate, design and implement successful Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) Manufacturing solutions. This role is predicated on the ability to listen and understand customer business objectives and design compelling and effective D365 plus Merit Solutions manufacturing technologies. As a Merit Solution Architect, you will be accountable for driving customer transformations and referenceability through strong leadership, critical thinking and curiosity-driven innovation resulting in an exceptional customer experience leading to consistent customer referenceability.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (D365) for Finance and Operations (F&O) platform, especially Manufacturing/Production modules.
- Lead customers, Merit consultants, and technology partners through architectural oversight to design and implement successful D365 F&O solutions that support customer business objectives and user adoption, through:
- demonstrated excellence when facilitating customer design and awareness sessions that are focused on complex application solution architectures;
- effective transition of requirements to delivery and development consultants, ensuring a clear and complete understanding of the requirements;
- clear communication and documentation of system specifications, both for customers and team members;
- provide excellent customer interface skills throughout the project life cycle.
- Act as a trusted advisor, to develop and maintain effective relationships with our customers as a subject matter expert (SME) for application design, feature optimization, availability, scalability, user experience, and visualization and data integrity.
- Support Customer transformation, as a thought leader for industry best practices and demonstrate that industry knowledge in our delivered D365 solutions.
- As a SME, lead and mentor the team to drive a high performing team environment.
- Partner with Business Development/Practice Leads; enabling them to meet our business objectives by providing them pre-sales educational support which may include presentations or demonstrations.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to develop accurate service estimations.
- Interface effectively with customers and internal teams to drive scalable, enabling processes. Advance continuous operational improvements and processes to support next stages of business growth.
Professional/Personal Skill Requirements
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills. Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills at a senior level.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, conclude direction and make critical decisions.
- Minimum three full cycle deployments as the Solution Architect for Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Financials and Operations.
- Extensive experience working in core logistical and manufacturing business processes such as Procurement, Sales, Distribution, Warehouse Management, Material and Resource Scheduling/ Planning, Production Routing, Bill of Material Costing, and Shop Floor.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data migration concepts.
- Certification(s), desired but not required, in any of the following disciplines:
- Dynamics 365 or AX Manufacturing (production)
- Dynamics 365 or AX Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 or AX Trade & Logistics
- Dynamics 365 or AX Financials
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Client Engagement and Power BI a plus.
- Strong relationship skills working as a “trusted advisor” with business clients ultimately fostering customer reference-ability.
- High energy and enthusiasm to effectively manage service delivery functions.
- A or B.S. in Computer Science, Business Management, Finance, Engineering or other related fields.
- A willingness to travel up to 50-60% of the time.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a permanent basis without sponsorship.
We look forward to receiving your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Merit Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Merit Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from any Recruiters or Recruitment Agencies.