Top 7 Reasons to Make the Move to Dynamics 365 in 2018

Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on facebook

It has been almost a year and a half from the general availability of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the first wave of early adopters have gone live on the software. For those companies who did not want to be the “guinea pigs” of Dynamics 365, 2018 is your year. Here are the top seven reasons why we think every Microsoft Dynamics AX user should consider making the move to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Azure business platform this year.

Get More for Your Money with Everything Under One Roof

No enterprise platform in market today can provide the depth and breadth of functionality as Microsoft Azure. The embedded functionality for ERP, CRM, Field Service, Talent, Social, and more that make up Microsoft Dynamics 365 are all included in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 license. Not only does this eliminate the time and costs associate with systems integration, it also enables your organization to simply scale up or add features as you grow without increasing license costs. The move to Azure also makes it easier and more cost effective to deploy IoT, AI, Machine Learning, or mobile initiatives.

Improve Decisions with Embedded Data Intelligence

Each year your business data grows in quantity and complexity. To succeed in the digital future, you need tools that can unify your sales and operations data and provide real-time actionable intelligence. Microsoft Dynamics 365 comes embedded with free, role-based dashboards that are easy to read and understand in real time. You will no longer need a developer to extract data or a team of analysts to cleanse data, build reports, and deliver metrics to the C-Suite.

Get Out of the Data Center Business and Free Up IT Resources

According to research firms like IDC and Gartner, businesses today spend 70% – 80% of their annual IT budgets on items that just keep their systems running. That leaves organizations spending just 20% and 10% of budgets on growing and transforming the business. A move to Azure enables companies to eliminate those data center costs, shift IT resources from reactive fixers to proactive revenue generators, and invest more heavily into growth and innovation.

Save Money and Move from a CapEx to an OpEx Model

For most companies, IT is considered a “cost center” that delivers little strategic value. This perception is due in part to the enormous annual investments needed for making hardware and software upgrades. When you move your infrastructure to the cloud, you treat those investments as a utility. You eliminate the large, annual CapEx investments and replace them with smaller, predictable monthly fees while always remaining up-to-date. And unlike CapEx, OpEx costs are fully tax deductible each year.

Reduce Costs by Moving to a Consumption Model

If you’re in a highly seasonal industry, or provide an offering that experiences periodic (but unpredictable) spikes in demand, then your yearly infrastructure plans need to have the storage / capacity to support those demand waves. That leaves many organizations investing a large amount into IT resources that will only be used 2 or 3 months out of the year. By moving to a cloud-based consumption model, you can scale resources up or down when needed and only pay for what you use.

Reduce the Costs and Risks Associated with Disaster Recovery

Natural disasters, hackers, human error, and server crashes – any number of causes can lead to a corporate data-erasing event. In order to be prepared for such events, it is not uncommon for organizations today to invest hundreds of thousands (or millions) of dollars on disaster recovery “warm sites”. Even then, most businesses never conduct testing to ensure backups actually work. Disaster recovery comes built in with Microsoft Dynamics 365 – so your team never has to pay or worry again.

Speed Onboarding and Training with Task Guides

The Business Process Modeler and Task Guides within Microsoft Dynamics 365 allow you to document, record, and maintain business processes directly within the application. This capability dramatically speeds onboarding and training of new hires if/when there is turnover in an organization. Although often overlooked, these features can provide high value for 10 to 20 years. And if you have any additions or changes to the way you do business, you can simply add or edit task guides and re-save them!

You Might Also Like:

Leave a Reply